Blog

THE PURPLE & WHITE THEMED BABY SHOWER

By August 14, 2018 33 Comments

Oh how I love Purple these days, so warm, royal, and inviting. And you know what they say about Purple, “Everything is better in Purple”. My clients for the day happened to be a group of very beautiful ladies, one being a childhood friend {Hi Jessica ;-)} who had requested me to style, cater and bake for their friend and Mom-To-Be, Gacheri’s surprise Baby Shower.

VENUE

The girls had settled on one of their houses and I loved that there was an enclosed patio which turned out to be the perfect spot for the set up.

TABLESCAPE

I had created a mood/idea board weeks before so I knew what I needed to get ahead of the event. I settled on white plates since they work well with any colour, white napkins and some gold napkin rings that just brought it all together elegantly. I am sure it’s a bit obvious how crazy I am about Gold but I find it quite striking and it tends to complement bright colours well. As for flowers, I actually hadn’t seen Purple roses before (Don’t judge, Hehehe) and was so elated when I came across them at City Market…..they brought life to the entire set up.

FOOD & DRINKS

I had settled on a simple menu that would suit most people’s palate and that would be light but filling as well. It’s always advisable to do most of the prep work a day before so I had marinated the beef the previous night, assembled my Granola Parfaits and chopped the vegetables.

Coconut & Turmeric Rice

Beef Stew

Creamy Macaroni Salad

Carrot, Apple & Raisins Salad

French Toast (soaked in ice-cream)

Granola, Yoghurt and Fruit Parfaits

CAKE

I settled for a Royal Velvet Cake (Red Velvet Cake but Purple instead of Red…hope that makes sense…Lol) to go with the theme colours of the days and frosted it with Whipped Cream Frosting.

Well, that’s it. What are your thoughts on this? Hit or Miss? 🙂

Wishing you smiles, hugs and lot’s of Purple today and every other day!

Love,

Sal

sallyskitchen

Author sallyskitchen

More posts by sallyskitchen

Join the discussion 33 Comments

• coolsculpting price says:

Thanks for finally writing about >THE PURPLE & WHITE THEMED BABY SHOWER – Sally’s Kitchen <Loved it!

• financing says:

It’s going to be end of mine day, but before finish I am reading this impressive
    post to increase my knowledge.

• indian jewelry vista ca says:

wonderful issues altogether, you just won a
    logo new reader. What may you suggest in regards to your post that you
    simply made some days ago? Any sure?

• website says:

It’s remarkable to pay a quick visit this web site and reading
    the views of all mates about this piece of writing, while I am also eager of getting experience.

• GüVenilir Foreks says:

This is my ffirst time visit att here and i
    am truly pleassant to read everthing at one place.

It’s going to be finish of mine day, but before end I am reading this impressive post to increase my knowledge.

• Tmall English says:

@Im4saken International taobao agent – 5% service charge

• wholesale nfl jerseys says:

Hello everyone, it’s my first pay a visit at this web
    page, and paragraph is actually fruitful in favor of me,
    keep up posting such articles or reviews.

• Lelia says:

This is the perfect webpage for anybody who hopes
    to find out about this topic. You understand so much
    its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually will
    need to…HaHa). You certainly put a new spin on a topic
    which has been written about for years. Wonderful stuff, just
    great!

• passenger shuttle service says:

Hi great blog! Does running a blog like this take a large amount of work?
    I have absolutely no knowledge of programming however I had been hoping
    to start my own blog in the near future. Anyways, should you have any ideas
    or tips for new blog owners please share. I know this is
    off subject however I simply wanted to ask. Thank you!

• cheap anti theft backpack says:

joguss pacsafe backpack,cheap anti theft backpack,anti theft backpack for travel,anti theft backpack for
    travel,bobby backpack,water proof backpack,USB charging backpack,anti theft backpack,bobby backpack,anti theft travel backpack yhynkl

• Florida down payment assistance says:

I don’t know if it’s just me or if perhaps everyone else experiencing
    problems with your website. It looks like some of the written text on your posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment
    and let me know if this is happening to them as well?

This might be a issue with my internet browser because I’ve had this happen previously.

Kudos

• Roxie says:

For most recent information you have to visit world-wide-web and on the web I found this site as
    a most excellent web page for newest updates.

• tmall purchasing agent says:

Thankfully, the deepness of huge information and on the internet analytics currently available can make that choice
    much less complicated. Archaeological investigations
    of test pits verified the site’s diverse background and also deepness to bedrock.

After we obtain all the goods, if you use EMS,
    it will certainly take 5-7 days for worldwide delivery and 15-35 days if you utilize airmail parcel or air
    package. Pad cases- These have actually been especially
    created for iPad 2,4, Mini and also Air models as well as are best to be utilized in institutions,
    residences as well as workplaces. This is the reason in some cases you’ll get responses
    that the products are out of stock although the
    page shows they are readily available. Buy virtually
    whatever you can discover in China, which include sensitive goods such as cosmetics, DVDs, digital gadgets and also much more!

Now for people that has some trouble to verify the identification possibly due to staying outdoors in China after that he or she can make site and after that try to advertise their web
    site in China.

• India and International Business News on the Economic. says:

Simply wish to say your article is as amazing. The clarity
    to your put up is simply nice and that i could think you’re knowledgeable on this subject.
    Fine along with your permission let me to seize your feed to keep updated with impending post.
    Thank you 1,000,000 and please keep up the gratifying work.

• tmall international says:

My goal for 2019 is to find if the cake shop that
    created this beauty is still on the go…
    It was called ‘Forget Me Not Cakes’ or something along those lines.
    It was in Limerick, @Rubberbandits may be able to help track this

• Bayern Munchen Dengan Kualitasnya Tak Bagus Saat Ini says:

Great article.

• tmall genie x1 says:

We are not letting you shop on an empty some tasteful bites as you shop around our Tmall
    branch. Remember all blenders are on 30% discount this Saturday and Sunday only.

Hurry

• Fredericka says:

It’s difficult to find experienced people about this subject, but you seem like
    you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

• сертификация психологов в Москве says:

Everything typed was very reasonable. However, think on this, suppose you added a little content?

I mean, I don’t wish to tell you how to run your blog, but what if you added
    a title that grabbed folk’s attention? I mean THE PURPLE & WHITE
    THEMED BABY SHOWER – Sally's Kitchen is
    a little vanilla. You ought to peek at Yahoo’s home
    page and watch how they create news headlines to get viewers to click.

You might add a related video or a pic or two to get people interested about what you’ve written. Just my opinion, it could bring your
    posts a little bit more interesting.

• Lino says:

Jump into summer time with pefect sneakers ! Choose from tons of of fashions of shoes for males, girls and kids
    from boots, sandals, clogs, ballerinas, and so on. All kinds and traits can be found at the best value and buy Dressinn is simple, fast and secure!
    For an enduring quick shifting city life model, advanced commuting and frequent travel you want comfy and versatile, ultra-chic sporty shoes that may be
    easily put on and scooped off. A: yikes , i mean , these are
    high vogue footwear . Alibaba at the moment are based mostly in Hangzhou, a
    smaller metropolis exterior of Shanghai, this displays this basic development in direction of a more expansive delivery and sales community.

Shop online now and discover your favorite bridal sneakers.
    The model was born out of the rising awareness of informal comfort and
    health and to seek solace from sneakers that hurt us. Returns are easy,
    simply put up again to us and we will send out a different dimension or a full refund.

• Escort says:

Ӏ wass suggested thіs web site bү my cousin.I аm not
    sսre whether thіs ost is written by hіm ass noboⅾy elde kjow ѕuch detailed аbout my trouble.
    You are amazing! Thanks!

• Bus on rent in Vasant kunj says:

Hi there! Quick question that’s totally off topic.

Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly?
    My web site looks weird when browsing from my iphone.
    I’m trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to resolve this problem.

If you have any recommendations, please share.
    Appreciate it!

• simpsons tapped out game of games says:

The Simpsons: Tapped Out appears nice.

• Rodolfo says:

Real players and also real games make gambling experience packed with thrill.
    Although most of the people think of war as a child’s card game,
    it is actually played in many casinos these days. But remember, reason for every tournament is always to finish the
    game with increased chips than your opponents if the tournament finishes.

• celebrity black tie event pictures says:

Hmm it appears like your blog ate my first comment
    (it was super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it
    up what I submitted and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to everything.
    Do you have any suggestions for rookie blog writers?
    I’d definitely appreciate it.

• tokeqq says:

I have read so many articles or reviews about the blogger lovers except this
    post is actually a nice article, keep it up.

• Daftar Situs Domino99 says:

Hi there, this weekend is nice for me, because this time
    i am reading this impressive educational article here at my
    home.

• Hanna says:

Good way of telling, and pleasant piece of writing to
    take facts regarding my presentation focus, which i am going to deliver in school.

• pull up banner says:

An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a co-worker who had been doing a little homework on this.
    And he actually ordered me lunch because I discovered
    it for him… lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thanks for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanx for spending some time to discuss this matter
    here on your web page.

• antera vasna says:

Hi friends, how is everything, and what you desire to say about this article, in my view its in fact amazing
    for me.

• brochure printing says:

Great goods from you, man. I have keep in mind your stuff
    prior to and you’re just extremely wonderful.
    I really like what you’ve received here, really like
    what you’re saying and the way in which through which
    you assert it. You are making it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensible.
    I can not wait to read far more from you. This is really a tremendous web site.

• Sally says: