The Baobab Beach Resort & Spa – in a world of it’s own.
And you can tell from the amazing reviews on Trip Advisor and other travel advisory sites! I was amazed by the fact that despite it being a low season, the Resort was almost booked to capacity….that definitely says something!
The Baobab is nestled right on the Diani Beach in South Coast and is set on 80 acres of land overlooking the amazing and tranquil Indian Ocean! Amazing thing is, this superb Resort has three wings….Kole Kole, Baobab and Maridadi and residents have access to any of the three when it comes to dining, swimming and other activities…pretty cool, huh? It is like staying in three hotels all at the same time….dope, huh? I know!
AMBIANCE, ROOMS AND SERVICE
We checked into the Resort on a sunny Monday afternoon and the warm reception had us smiling all the way to our rooms! The rooms were impeccably clean and had an amazing view of the Ocean…the cool ocean breeze, the sound of the waves in the evening….so serene!
The Resort offers an All-Inclusive package that includes Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, Dinner, Fresh Juices, selected Cocktails, Wine and Beer…..yes, you heard right….everything!! You could actually check out on your last day without spending an extra coin…..enjoying life on a budget! And oh, these guys have breathtakingly beautiful infinity pools…I am not huge on swimming but those pools got me excited! I was always looking forward to it…surprisingly!
Now let’s talk about the Food….You already know, am all about that…Lol! As I mentioned earlier, the Resort has three wings so you could eat from any of them! From the beautiful Karibu Restaurant to Jodari to Jambo Pool Bar Cafe to Maridadi Restaurant which has amazing views of the ocean…..the cool Bars…….we were spoilt for choice! The Resort has an extensive range of African and International cuisines as well as an amazing selection of cocktails and wines!
Baobab has some of the most amazing Chefs out there….my expectations were surpassed all the time…be it Breakfast, Lunch, Tea Breaks and Dinner….every single time. And so much to choose from…you should have seen my face every time I got to the buffet….I would spend minutes drooling over everything but my tummy can only take so much…Lol. Trust me, you need a lot of self control here….a lot of it! But on second thought, no need….calories don’t count while on vacation (Evil Grin).
One of my culinary highlights during my stay was their BRUSCHETTAS…….Yum, they were delicious! Secondly, this place was simply DESSERT HEAVEN….Haven’t had that much Cake and Pastries my entire life…from Cheese Cakes, to Chiffon Cakes, to assorted mousses to tarts to Forest Cakes….everything…..My Sweet Tooth has never been that pleased! And you know what they say, “Life is too short, so eat Dessert first” and I did heed to that bright and thoughtful piece of advice.
So, overall…The Baobab is excellent and I would highly recommend it #TravelBucketList. The following were my key highlights:
- Perfect location…..overlooking the Indian Ocean, so close to Diani Town and the Ukunda Airstrip as well!
- The All-Inclusive offer….wouldn’t do it any other way! Simply amazing! You could actually check out on your last day without having spent an extra dime
- Their Menu was extensive….tons of food to choose from….and the food was delicious……I repeat, those Bruschettas were divine! #FoodieHeaven
- Magnificent view of the amazing Indian Ocean…..so breathtakingly gorgeous! And the cool ocean breeze.
- So many activities……from the Aquafit morning classes in the pool….to the aerobics classes…..to the evening entertainment sessions at the Porini Amphitheater…..getting bored here wasn’t an option!!
- The Swimming Pools….Jeez…those pools were addictive. My favorite had to be the infinity pool at Kole Kole….super amazing!
- Great Staff that really know the true value of customer service….so professional and warm
- The rooms were spacious, stylish and impeccably clean.
Thank you for such an amazing time Baobab…Can’t wait to be back
And oh, you can check out their website in case you planning to vacation there at http://www.baobab-beach-resort.com/eng/
Disclaimer: The views, information and opinions expressed in this Blog are solely my own and I retain 100% editorial control!