Blog

LATE LUNCH @ PALM CAFE (HERI HEIGHTS)

By August 16, 2017 32 Comments
My Sunday afternoons are usually very chilled out with nothing much to do so Mel and I decided to try out Palm Cafe at the Heri Heights Serviced Apartments on a lovely hot Sunday afternoon.

LOCATION
Palm Cafe is  conveniently located on Arboretum Road, just a few minutes from Nairobi Central Business District. On days when the sun isn’t showing off, one could comfortably walk there from CBD but on this particular Sunday….the sun was clearly in a show off mood so walking wasn’t an option but thank God for Uber.

AMBIANCE
Once we got to the Cafe, I loved its cool and warm atmosphere and the breeze from the trees just made it much better. The Cafe, though not too big, is sectioned quite well into four chill out areas – a lounge area with comfortable sofas, an indoor dining area, a cool bar and an outdoor terrace which is where we chose to sit. FYI, the Cafe won the 1st Runners Up Award at the Chef Delight Awards 2016….pretty cool huh?

DINING EXPERIENCE
Funny thing is, I always check out what a restaurant has to offer (menu-wise) before visiting so on this particular day, I already knew what I was going to order….weird I know. And it usually has to be Pork…I do not know what it is about Pork that gets me so excited all the time…especially those honey glazed ones…YUM! You should see my face when I visit a restaurant that doesn’t have pork on their menu – the dilemma – I feel so lost and spend minutes perusing through the menu options like it is some sort of High School Set Book…Lol!

So since I already knew what I wanted, the Honey Glazed Pork Chops, I really enjoyed watching my sister get all so confused on what to eat….hahaha! She was going back and forth but finally settled on the Lamb Cutlets. It did not take too long to have our meals ready and damn, the food presentation was amazing…..it activated the full photographer mode…Lol. You know what they say…first we take pictures, then we eat. The life of a foodie!

The food was so delicious and it got better with every bite….Mel couldn’t keep her hands off my Pork Chops though :-(. The Pork Chops had been pan fried, glazed in honey and were served with some sauteed veges and a mustard gravy. Mel’s griddled and glazed Lamb Cutlets were served with crunchy french beans and a rosemary sauce. However, my Honey Glazed Pork Chops were the bomb dot com and I will definitely be going back for more since we still have one more voucher.

COST
We ended up paying Ksh. 1,700 for both meals since one meal was absolutely free…thanks to Discoucher. However, we found their prices to quite reasonable with prices ranging from Ksh. 800 – Ksh. 2000 for the main meals and pasta dishes.

FINAL THOUGHTS
Those Honey Glazed Pork Chops will be the reason I go back to this place over and over again, they were so succulent! Yum! And the service was top notch too…good service really puts a smile on my face! The tranquility is also something I truly enjoyed.

Thank you for an amazing time Palm Cafe! Till next time!

You can check out their website here http://www.heriheights.com/

Disclaimer: The views, information and opinions expressed in this Blog are solely my own and I retain 100% editorial control!
sallyskitchen

Author sallyskitchen

More posts by sallyskitchen

Join the discussion 32 Comments

• La bave d’escargot est donc un excellent anti-rides.

• sex child says:

Hiya very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful ..
    Wonderful .. I will bookmark your site and take the feeds additionally?
    I’m happy to seek out so many helpful information right here within the submit, we’d like develop extra
    techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . .

• Eu de novo cá! Eu leio seu escrito varias vezes e cada vez eu
    te admiro mais. Continue com seu trabalho.

• Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on sites I
    stumbleupon on a daily basis. It’s always useful to
    read through content from other authors and practice a little something from other sites.

• us army mil account says:

Good way of describing, and pleasant pos to take data regarding my presentation subject matter, which
    i am going to deliver in university.

• youngstownangels.Com says:

I am in fact delighted to read this blog posts which consists of lots of valuable data, thanks for providing these
    kinds of information.

• alipay says:

As a result, many operators in this channel tend to build large purchasing complexes with hypermarkets as their
    anchors and invite clothes retailers, eating places, and leisure operators to create
    a small buying mall. Alibaba’s FashionAI, an AI-enabled display
    interface, creates a customized expertise for purchasers by suggesting objects based mostly
    on what a buyer is already trying on, whereas Alibaba’s Magic Mirror and
    virtual dressing rooms permit customers to strive on clothing
    just about. “In conventional retail, it takes extremely long to get customer feedback. Premium supermarkets are prone to open near excessive-finish workplace buildings and in purchasing centers in central locations and affluent residential areas. These affluent consumers favor imported products, which are related to high social standing and a more leisurely way of life. For instance, Planet Retail finds that younger customers are willing to pay double for foreign-branded infant system or five to seven instances more for international bottled mineral water, however older shoppers usually are not. To meet central-authorities growth targets, local governments might present incentives to attract extra foreign funding to their area.

• deviate labs says:

How do you get inspiration to write something

• Slot online uang asli says:

My relatives always say that I am wasting my time here at web,
    except I know I am getting familiarity every day by
    reading thes pleasant articles or reviews.

• adultfriendfinger says:

Thanks a lot for sharing this with all of us you really know what you are talking approximately!
    Bookmarked. Kindly also seek advice from my website =).
    We may have a hyperlink alternate arrangement between us

• buy from China warehouses online says:

I’ve posted right here earlier than about other particulars and such, however right now
    is a rant/vent and I’m not glad. At a press convention in Shanghai
    right now, Starbucks and Alibaba Group unveiled
    particulars of a strategic partnership that will allow a seamless Starbucks
    Experience and rework the espresso trade in China. Youku continued to focus on delivering a superior
    person experience and driving increased paying subscribers.

It was 1994. Jack Ma, an English teacher from Hangzhou, China, heard about the Internet and managed to fly to the US
    to expertise it by himself. As well as, it integrates on-line education content by way
    of TutorABC, the online English leaning model beneath Tutor Group by which Alibaba has invested,
    as properly as the youngster-centered providers of
    Qiaohu, Babybus, and so on. Amp8 as a combo being driven pretty well with my wants and gears, so I’m very
    proud of it. Due diligence refers to the care a reasonable
    individual ought to take earlier than signing a contract, nevertheless it applies to online shopping websites
    as well. Tmall Global has plans to launch websites in other languages as nicely,
    akin to Korean, Japanese and Spanish, helping merchants from much more countries leverage its platform.
    Chemist warehouse are additionally on tmall too.

• georgian.tours says:

Hello there, You’ve done an incredible job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally recommend to
    my friends. I am sure they’ll be benefited from this web
    site.

• SuroBoost Pills says:

Very interesting topic, regards for putting up.

• buy from Taobao in us says:

On Tmall, customers belief to find authentic branded items, and even cross border merchandise,
    shipped directly from Hong Kong, Europe, Australia or the United States.
    With offices in Shanghai, Guangzhou and Hong Kong, they’ll provide
    logistical flexibility to ensure that your order is dealt with efficiently.
    When purchasing with a taobao agent, you will have to pick out items on the platform and place your order on their websites.
    Shanghai (Gasgoo)- At the top of 2018, a gaggle of automakers determine to sell their new
    models on Alibaba’s Tmall on-line retail platform first,
    including Lincoln, XPENG Motors and Great Wall Motor’s ORA, and so forth., according to native media.

Like Taobao, Alipay is a service provided by Alibaba group.

On Taobao, the patrons pay for the merchandise with Alipay.
    This system guarantees that the consumers get to obtain merchandise protected and
    sound after transactions. Then Alipay waits till the products are nicely-obtained by the buyers before paying the sellers.

• HCG in Burlington says:

When someone writes an post he/she keeps the image of a user in his/her brain that how a user can know it.
    Thus that’s why this piece of writing is amazing.
    Thanks!

• https://architect.wiki/w/User:FernSaunders906 says:

I’m brand-new to the Amazon marketing game.

• LayerOnline says:

Hi, after reading this awesome paragraph i am as well delighted
    to share my know-how here with mates.

• domino Qiu Qiu online says:

With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or copyright violation? My website has a
    lot of completely unique content I’ve either written myself or outsourced
    but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any
    techniques to help stop content from being ripped off?
    I’d truly appreciate it.

• adultfriendfander says:

First off I would like to say great blog! I had a quick question which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind.
    I was curious to know how you center yourself
    and clear your mind prior to writing. I have had a tough time clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out there.

I truly do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally
    wasted just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or hints?
    Many thanks!

• ホワイトニングリフトアップジェル says:

医薬部外品の化粧品で、顔のしわの問題を解消することができます。ホワイトニングリフトケアジェルは、ライバル商品の中でもリピーターが多いコスメです。若返りには欠かせないアイテムです。

• kratom legality map says:

maeng da red best kratom best source for kratom

• Tricia says:

Вuying internet media, for instance impressions, emails distributed,
    sρonsorships, therefore on. It may bе the difference in the amount of traffic, that wіⅼl ᥙltimately determine tһe rade of performance іnside a real business.
    The choices are endleѕs for tthe budding bսsineѕsperson looking tߋ plunge into гetail sales.

• Digitaleer on YouTube says:

Excellent post.Ne’er knew this, thank you for letting me
    know. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGjFw_mGfqEHKSq61-OKycGV23sNg6L9L

• Janelle says:

Вuying internet media, for example impressions, emails
    distributed, sponsorships, therefore on. There are prettʏ straight forward systems you can put in place to assiѕt you focxus onn your organization.
    Use online follow-up methoⅾs for example еmail and stay
    willing to use ԁirect mail.

• crack sat exam says:

Thanks for any other wonderful article. Where else
    could anybody get that type of information in such a perfect approach of writing?
    I have a presentation next week, and I’m on the look for
    such information.

• Danuta says:

Buying іnternet mediɑ, ffor example impressions, emails distributed, sponsorѕhips,
    so on. This article will discuss Ӏnternet marketing contributing to getgting a maѕter’s degree in Ӏnternet marketing online.
    Тhhe choices endless for thаt budding busineespeгson trying to break into retail sales.

• Olga says:

Ӏf you obtain Masterr Reselll rіghts, you will be аbһle
    to trade the software, e-Ьook or ⲢDF file, now and again video serіes at the
    saje time your money can bᥙy you select, or ϳսst provide it with
    aeay to your subscribers. Tell yoᥙr prospective customers with plenty of
    forethouցht where ʏour next art ѕһow, craft market or gallery sh᧐ѡing will be.
    The choicess are endlesѕ foor your budⅾing businessрerson аiming to plunge into retail sales.

• Keira says:

Anyⲟne who says that Facebook, Twitter, My
    – Space, etc are a ‘trend’ whicһ wiⅼl soon pass just isn’t steering you ԝithin the riɡht direction. Unlees you happen to
    be іnvessting iin advertising yourѕelf, the onnly method to generate foot traffic
    has bsen attractive content. That’s the simplest way to cоnfuse your internet site visitor ɑnd make itt hard for thеm
    to ցet information.

• Patti says:

If yօu will get Master Resell rights, it is possible to markmet thee oftware ρrogram, e-book
    or PDF file, sometimess video series at the same time your money can buy you decide ᧐n, or juѕt prоvide it with aԝay to your subsϲriƄers.
    There are simpⅼe systems you can sset up thаt will help
    you focus onn y᧐ur organization. In order to view goоd results insside
    the shortest time possible, there are a few guidelines that needs to be followed.

• Raul says:

Τhhɑt puts е-commerce sites on a goⲟ level plɑying field.
    Tell our visitors well aһead оf time wherе yοᥙr neхt
    art show, craft market or gallery showing will be.
    The possibilities are endless fоr the budding
    busiunessperson looking to plunge into retaiⅼ sales.

• Elva says:

Ƭhe internet is a bit more just lіke a littlе nation, wirh Ԁifferent sеcts ɑnd towns liking different things.
    Inteernet marketing is more affordable than printеd ads,
    radio or ᎢV. Just like, who is the audience yoou taking the time reach
    and what is better ⲣath too take with reaching it.

• Rosaria says:

Heya! I realize this is sort of off-topic however I had to ask.

Does managing a well-established blog like yours take a
    lot of work? I am completely new to operating a blog but I do write in my journal daily.
    I’d like to start a blog so I will be able to share my
    own experience and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind of ideas or
    tips for brand new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate it!